As Nokia is just days away from unloading its business to Microsoft, another piece of news has surfaced from the deal. If the reports are to be believed, India born Rajiv Suri will be taking over the throne of Nokiaâ€™s (name to be changed to Microsoft Ojy) next global CEO. Post the deal, Nokia is expected to undergo a major re-branding. Here is a list of things you need to know about
1) Rajeev Suri is presently the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Nokia Solutions and Networks division at Nokia.
2) Suri graduated in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering from Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT) in 1989.
3) Suri directed the Services Division of Nokia Siemens Networks for 2 years before taking lead at Nokia Solutions and Networks division.
4) Before joining Nokia, Suri worked for ICL, RPG Group and Churchgate Group.
5) Suri joined Nokia in 1995 and since then, has been instrumental in the growth of Nokia Siemens Networks’ Services business.
6) Under his leadership, Nokia Siemens’ revenue grew from less than a third to about half in a just a couple of years.
7) Suri played a vital role in persuading Nokia to start new Services Hub in India.
8) Since 1995 Suri has extensively worked on assignments in Nokia’s verticals of business development, marketing, sales and strategy.
9) Suri is also considered responsible for Nokia’s biggest ever job cut. In 2011 Suri declared that Nokia will be sacking approximately 17,000 jobs by the end of 2013.
10) Suri happens to be a fitness enthusiast and lives in Finland with his wife Nina and two sons