No, accessorizing does not mean that you add miles of gold chains to your outfit, a la BappiDa. Rather, a well-chosen accessory can set off your clothes and make you look even better dressed than you are.
So hereâ€™s a list of must-have accessories. Choose the style that appeals to you most and make your individual mark on the world. Oh, and weâ€™re not including basic accessories like shoes here. Those deserve a special article on their own.
Bags are now a fashionable menâ€™s accessory and come in all kinds of handy sizes for multiple purposes.
Here are a few classics.
- The practical interior compartments of this bag make it a crucial accessory to any working-manâ€™s wardrobe.
- Looks good with any business attire.
- Unlike the bygone sharp-cornered box, briefcases have evolved to look much more fashionably sophisticated.
Inspired by the duffel bag, it has become a traveling manâ€™s best friend.
Its predominantly leather exterior and stylish, refined look has replaced the big luggage for those 3-day business trips.
From the multi-pocket canvas bags carried by the college crowd to leathers ones donned by urban hipsters, the messenger bag exudes a classic casual flair.
Made from heavy fabric and swung across the shoulders, it has made its mark in urban fashion.
A classic style synonymous with menâ€™s casual wear, itâ€™s similar to the messenger bag but its traditional rough canvas exterior makes it less formal.
It has replaced the once style-savvy knapsack.
A smaller version of the messenger bag but more longer and rectangular and meant to be strapped around the shoulders. This bag is stylishly convenient for any man on the go. A simple style with a whole lot of function.
Everybody should own at least one nice pair of killer shades, if not for practical purposes, then most definitely for fashionâ€™s sake.
Here are a few classic shade styles.
They are recognized by their oversized tear-drop shaped lens. The metal frames give a very masculine appearance. The Ray-Ban aviators look good on almost everybody but opt for lighter tints.
As the name goes, these shades donâ€™t have a frame around the lens, and the bridge and the arms of the frame are mounded directly onto the lenses.
The best-selling design till date and were once synonymous with being â€œcoolâ€.
The black wrap classic style looks great on any outfit. You can never go wrong with this one.
A great way to add a bit of panache to your outfit. They come in all kinds of interesting and inexpensive variations. Cufflinks come in three types:
Two studs of equal size are connected by a chain or a bar.
A nautical knot used to hold the cuffs in place.
One side is more decorative and the other consists of only a plain clip, designed to be hidden.
- A pocket square gives that extra flair and color to your outfit
- . You can wear it with your understated suit or with your blazer, even if youâ€™re wearing it without a tie and with the shirt collar open. The designs are aplenty â€“ checks, dots, and paisleys – the message is to have fun with them.
- Definitely adds personality. A good leather strap with an appropriate belt buckle does wonders to your crotch region.
- Go for the timeless black, brown and tan color belts.
- Canvas belts in bright colors are great of youâ€™re more of the sporty kind.
As guys, you wouldnâ€™t be wearing much jewelry unless youâ€™re some tattoo/body piercing punk, so why not invest in a good timepiece if itâ€™s going to be the most noticeable bling thing on you? Watches make great style statements so get something that reflects your attitude.